Call Us: 203-366-3939
Selected areas: Real Estate: Business, Business/Corporate and Land Use/Zoning For further information, see Superlawyers.com and http://www.superlawyers.com/connecticut/selection_details.html
Charles J. Willinger, Jr.
Charles J. Willinger, Jr., the founding member of the firm, handles commercial litigation and the negotiation and closing of substantial commercial real estate transactions for national, regional, and local clients. Known for his ability to bring disparate interests to consensus, Mr. Willinger's experience in litigation, commercial transactions, zoning, and land use, has earned him an AV peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Willinger has represented developers and municipalities in some of the largest real estate developments and municipal redevelopments in New Haven and Fairfield Counties. These are some of his past and current projects in Connecticut:
- $900 million Steel Point redevelopment on the Bridgeport harbor
- $350 million Stratford Army Engine Plant base closure and redevelopment in Stratford
- $300 million redevelopment of downtown Derby
- Bridgeport Greyhound Racetrack
- Shelton Heights Joint Venture residential development
- The NASDAQ Operations Headquarters
- $550 million Schiavone Corporation Downtown Bridgeport Redevelopment
- Sacred Heart University campus residential hall development
- Many United Properties and Starwood-Ceruzzi commercial real estate developments
Mr. Willinger also represented the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, an American Hockey League team and affiliate of the New York Islanders.
His (and the firm's) reputation for responsiveness and prompt and courteous delivery of legal services lead to the firm's selection as the Connecticut provider law firm for LegalShield, Inc., where it has over 8,500 participant families.
Born in Bridgeport, Connecticut, Mr. Willinger graduated from Fairfield University and the University of Miami, School of Law. Mr. Willinger is admitted to practice before the bars of the States of Connecticut and Florida State Courts (1973), and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut. Mr. Willinger sits on the Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association, and is a member of the Greater Bridgeport, Connecticut, Florida, and American Bar Associations.
Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
Connecticut Bar Association
Florida Bar Association
American Bar Association
University of Miami School of Law
States of Connecticut
State of Florida
U.S. District Court, the District of Connecticut